Sunday, March 9, 2008

Home and Adusting

It seems I don't have time to write all that I would like to, but maybe tomorrow when Ian is at school I can give a good update on our return trip and what has been going on since then. I will also post some new pictures. We have been busy to say the least. Thankfully, we arrived home Friday afternoon by car. We were exhausted and are trying to get back on a sleeping schedule. The night in the hotel at Dallas was pretty much a disaster, but things have gotten better the last two nights. Olivia and I are sleeping together in her room and have been up coloring, stacking cups, and playing with Mr. Potato Head at all hours of the night! I know it doesn't sound like it's getting better but it really is. It seems her awake hours in the night are moving later in the morning until hopefully she won't get up until at least 6:00. Coloring and Mr. Potato Head at 3:00 in the morning is a little rough! My parents are staying until tomorrow, and they have been absolute lifesavers! I really don't know what I would have done if they hadn't been here these last couple of days- especially since Brian needed to leave the day after we arrived home. His mom called to say that his dad was not doing well at all in Houston (MD Anderson) and that he needed to come right away. He was exhausted after taking 50 some hours to get home from Thailand, and I worried about him turning around to make the trip to Houston, although I knew that's were he needed to be. He is planning to come home today. Olivia is asleep right now, and I would really like to take a little nap myself. However, I just wanted to take a minute to let you know we are home- safe and sound- and that things are better today than they were yesterday, and that I'm sure each day is going to get easier. I will write again tomorrow to describe a little more about our trip home and how things are going now.

Leah

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are home. I know Ian and your parents are glad you are back. Hopefully, the late night tea parties will end soon. Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with you.
Fondly,
Joanie

Christi said...

Glad you are home safely. We will continue to pray for you all.

Anonymous said...

So good to know you arrive safely and boy I do understand the jet lag thing with a kiddo is not fun!!!

Anonymous said...

previous comment was from me - hirally