Monday, March 10, 2008

3rd Full Day Home And Going Well!

Today went very smoothly. My parents were still here this morning to get Ian on the bus, which was great! Olivia was up from about 3:00 am to 5:00 am last night, but we didn't have to get out the toys, so there is a little more improvement! She stayed in bed. She continued sleeping when I got up at 6:30 to help with Ian. When my mom and dad and I went outside to wait for the bus, we started hearing screaming. Wouldn't you know she chose to get up during those few minutes?! She was very good during the day, and when Ian came home from school, she was taking her nap, so that worked out well too. So, all-in-all today was a good day, and I actually think I can do this! She is really starting to adjust. I still need to get some pictures up from our last day in Thailand and our return home. Maybe I can do that in the next day or two. This was only our 3rd full day to be home. With all that has been going on, I haven't had a chance to buy Olivia any proper shoes for this time of year. She's still wearing socks with her sandals. Tennis shoes are a number one purchase on our list!

As life brings many highs (adding to your family) it sometimes can bring lows at the same time. Brian came home from seeing his Dad in Houston last night, and his condition has taken a turn for the worse. Sadly, the doctors feel there is nothing more they can do. The cancer is spreading very quickly, so he is being transported home tonight and will arrive in OK early in the morning. Hospice will be there to provide support for the rest of the time he has. We are leaving in the morning to go to OK and don't know how long we will be there- depending on his condition. I know I have said this before, but he is such a wonderful man, and he knows (as do everyone that is well acquainted with him) where his home is. One of the nurses asked him where his home is and he said, "heaven". Difficult as the situation is, it is a comfort to have that wonderful confidence in the future. I know it must be a comfort to him, and it definitely is to those around him. I will try to write again during the week as time allows.

Please keep Brian's dad, mom, sister, and Brian in your prayers.

Leah

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will definitely keep you in our prayers!

Hirally & Chad

Anonymous said...

We will be praying for your family. We too are up at 3:30 until 6. I will be glad when Seth gets on a schedule.

Thinking of you.
Tracy