Tuesday, November 10, 2009

1 Week Today

Yesterday Ian slept until around 1:00 pm or so. We put him in his wheelchair and he continued to sleep, but he woke up some time later and was awake the rest of the day and while he was in his stander. We also gave him a real bath (in a tilted tub) last night which he enjoyed. Unfortunately, it became necessary to put him on oxygen again around 8:00pm or so and he is still on a small amount this morning. He is continuing to drink and take his meds by mouth. However, I don't think they'll take out the feeding tube until the breathing is under control. At one point yesterday, we were talking about going home and what we needed to do to get ready to take him home, but last night before I left I told Brian I better pack a bag for tonight. I don't know that we'll be able to go home today, and I'm not comfortable going unless we are able to obtain a breathing monitor and oxygen to take with us. So. . . that's where we are this morning, and I'll post again when we're able to get off the oxygen or have a new plan.

Thanks again for your prayers, the visits, meals that have been left at the house, and for Colene and Helen and friends who have helped out with Olivia- Leah

No comments: