Wednesday, February 20, 2008

TOMORROW IS THE DAY!!!

My apologies for being so slow to write. I usually try to put some thought into my updates and proof them, but it takes time that right now, I just don't have a lot of, and I'm not sure how it will be when we're in Thailand. So, from now on please disregard mistakes, sentences that don't always make sense, and ramblings.

My parents arrived Monday afternoon, and we had another birthday party for Ian. He had a great time opening his cards! Thanks to everyone who sent money, cards, and gift cards. Again, I can't believe he is 7 years old. My parents were shocked at how much he has grown just since Christmas. I knew he had put on a lot of weight and filled out quite a bit, but they are still commenting on how much bigger he is, which is a good thing because he needed to add a few pounds!

We have been very busy since Pops and Memi have been here, and we are SO thankful they were able to come. We have had fun running around, going through all the gifts from the shower, playing with Ian, and just preparing to leave. I thought it would be fun for them to send a Build A Bear with us to give to Olivia when we meet her. We had quite a laugh yesterday as they recorded their own message (several times) to be inserted. I know that's going to be a great keep sake, and I think they enjoyed doing it.

Brian has also been very busy. He wasn't home from work until 10:00 or so last night and said today will be nuts too. He has recently taken over a new department, so he's busier than usual right now. I know we both will breathe a huge sigh of relief once we get on the plane.

I also want to mention the shower the church gave us Sunday afternoon. Thank you to everyone who came to support us and help us celebrate Olivia's upcoming arrival. Especially thank you to the hostesses: Lisa, Crystal, Vivian, Lori and Barbara. I'll be anxious to see the pictures!

Brian's dad started his chemo at MD Anderson Monday, and that seems to be going well so far. He has even been feeling a bit better, and I think the doctors are trying some different medications to manage the pain he has been experiencing for so long. They are most concerned about his liver, so that is the area needing the most attention. The cancer is not in his bones, which is of course great news, but it is in his bone marrow, which is not the same thing as being in the bone. Brian's mom is staying with him at the hospital around the clock, and his sister is staying in an apartment right there in the vicinity.

Well, I have gotten mine and Olivia's bags just about packed, but I've got many things on my list to do today. I just wanted to make sure I took time to write before we leave TOMORROW. The schedule is to the right, and the time difference is 13 hours, so if it's 10:00 am here, it's 11:00 pm in Thailand. If it's 9:00 pm here, it's 10:00 am (the next day) there. The schedule reflects what is going on at that time in Thailand- not here. I hope that makes sense. So, we will be meeting Olivia for the first time around 9:00 Sat night your time , which is 10:00 am Bangkok time.

We'll do our best to blog and download pictures daily. I don't know for sure what our situation will be, but we will really make an effort to update each day.

I've got to run! The clock is ticking!!

See you in Thailand!

Leah

No comments: