Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Family Update- Medical Treatment In Houston

As I have posted before, Brian's dad has been very sick. He was diagnosed with lymphoma this summer and started chemo. It appeared to be working, and he finished his last treatment a little before Christmas. But soon after the last treatment, he started experiencing a lot of pain and was admitted to the hospital. After a few weeks he was released, but Friday we found out the cancer has spread to several areas of his body. He and Brian's mom are flying to MD Anderson (from OK) tomorrow, and Jerry has an appointment on Thursday at 1:00. Brian, Ian, and I are planning to meet them there Thursday and will stay through the weekend. The hospital will conduct a lengthy evaluation and decide what the next step should be. Please pray for Jerry's recovery and strength for the family to be able to support him and each other in the days ahead. Brian has been out of town this week and will return tomorrow. He also has a sister, Beverly, who will be coming down from Phoenix on Sunday. Luckily, we are in pretty good shape in our preparations for going to Thailand, so I am thankful I planned ahead as much as I have. Some things I can do while we're in Houston. We appreciate your prayers.

Leah

5 comments:

TracyMcGal said...

Leah,
I am sorry to hear about Brian's dad. I will pray for Jerry. We have a couple of ladies in my church that are too battling cancer. God is faithful and is so near when we need him.
~Tracy

Anonymous said...

we will for sure be praying for your family.
Hirally

Robin and Kyle said...

Leah,
We will be praying for your family.
Hugs,
Robin

Paula said...

Safety and Recruiting is watching your trip and in the mornings you can hear OHHHHH isn't she beautiful, and she really is beautiful. Our prayers are with you. Can you ask Brian if I can hire someone out of OK? Just a joke!!! Paula

Anonymous said...

Leah and Brian,
I love the new pictures! She is so precious. I thought I would let you know that I spoke with Ian's bible class teacher on Sunday night and she commented on how well he did in class that morning. I didn't get to see him but I heard his sweet voice. Anyway, we look forward to seeing you guys soon. Lori H.