Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Our Christmases over the years have been pretty predictable- drive to Tahlequah to be with Brian's family a couple of days, then to Edmond to be with my family a couple of days. This year was not to be any different. However, Brian's dad became ill and we spent part of the last two days in the hospital visiting him. Then today, my mom called to say she, my dad, and brother are all sick with the flu. We went ahead and drove to Edmond this afternoon (Christmas Eve), dropped off our presents at the house, went through the drive-thru at Taco Bueno, and checked into a hotel. Luckily, Ian loves to stay in hotels, and this one happens to have an indoor pool, so he and his daddy spent the evening swimming. We're now just hanging out at the hotel and eating Christmas goodies Brian's mom sent with us. Hopefully, my family will be feeling better tomorrow and Christmas Day can continue as it has every other year since I can remember! (Well, since my parents moved from Snyder.)

Unfortunately, our adoption agency didn't call to inform us we have been approved for travel to Thailand, but we are still planning to travel in February. The board meets again January 9th, so maybe we'll have some good news then.

I hope you are having a wonderful Christmas. I think I'll run down to the lobby and get ANOTHER cup of coffee to go with my fudge chocolate covered pretzels!

Leah

No comments: